Software that analyzes a network to determine its openness to unwanted intruders is represented as Network scanner. A network scanner is a computer program that envisions a network to determine which computers and services are available to be exploited.
Network Scanner is an IP scanner for network analysis that will enable you to detect an ullimited number of network computers in a few seconds. Network scanner operates very quickly due to multi-directed scanning when every computer is scanned separately. You can change the number of computers scanned at the same time. You can export the scan results to html, txt or xml.
A vulnerability scanner is a computer program that searches the Internet looking for computers that are vulnerable to a particular type of attack. The scanners have a large database of vulnerabilities that they use to probe computers in order to determine the vulnerable ones. Both commercial and free vulnerability scanners that exist are also called "vulnerability scanners".
The Key Features that can also be considered an advantage to this technological structure are as follows:
1. Easiness of usage. Even an inexperienced user will be able to scan the network in several seconds.
2. Good performance. The program uses multi-threaded scanning which incomparably enhances network scan rate.
3. Scalability. You can scan either several computers from the list or whole subnets the number of which in the list is not limited.
4. Network resource audit.which is called to check access rights to resources both for the current user and for any specified user.
5. Available to all users. No administrator privileges are required for scanning.
6. Exporting the scan results to html, txt or xml.
I t also provides the following technical positions:
• Automatically detects local and external IP range.
• Lets you mount shared folders as network drive, and then explore them via Windows explorer.
• You can specify any particular port that you want to search, and Network Scanner will report back if the port is open in network computers.
• Network Scanner will ping all computers within the IP range that you specify, and will report back names, IP address, and MAC address of all the computers that are alive.
• Network Scanner is able to detect even hidden shared folders, and also reports if some shared folder is writable.
• Network Scanner supports Wake-On-LAN remote shutdown, and lets you send network messages. To be more definite, Wake-on-LAN (WOL) is an Ethernet computer networking standard that allows a computer to be turned on or woken up by a network message.
• It does not even require any installation. Just download, and provide the IP range that you want to scan.
• Network Scanner is completely free, and is a very useful tool for network admins and security administrators.
In the sphere of Network security Auditing, Nsauditor Network Security Auditor is a network security and vulnerability scanner that allows auditing and monitoring network computers for possible vulnerabilities, checking network for all potential methods that a hacker might use to attack it and create a report of potential problems that were found. Nsauditor is a complete networking software package that includes more than 45 network tools and utilities for network auditing, scanning, network connections monitoring and more.
In other words, A Network enumerator or network scanner is a computer program used to retrieve user names, and info on groups, shares and services of networked computers. This type of program provides the security of that network.
Ethical hackers often also use the information to remove the glitches and strengthen their network.
Malicious (or "black-hat") hackers can, on entry of the network, get to security sensitive information or corrupt the network making it useless. If this network belonged to a company which used this network on a regular basis, the company would lose the function to send information internally to other departments.
That is why technological Innovations come to rescue in such critical moments reducing the burden of Business world making its operational structure more firm and secure.
Article Submited by Karine Iskandarya